This shouldn’t even have to be a tutorial, as most of us believe a browser should automatically be included in our Switch, our Amazon Show, and any device like this. However, these companies disagree. Worried about using a browser to hack into your system, or whatever reason they may have, below is a work around in getting your Switch to browse the internet. Of course you’ll will have to be on wifi. Although there are various steps, do not let this intimidate you, it literally takes 30 seconds once you learn the process.
How to browse the Internet on Nintendo Switch
- From the dashboard of your Nintendo Switch, scroll over to System Settings.
- Select Internet.
- Select Internet Settings
- Choose the Wi-Fi connection that you are currently connected to.
- On the settings page for your network, select Change Settings.
- Scroll down and select DNS Settings.
- Change the DNS setting from Automatic to Manual.
- Select your Primary DNS and set it as 045.055.142.122 and save. Your Switch will now attempt to connect to the network. You will see a prompt that says Registration is required to use this network.
- Select Next. You will now see the SwitchBru DNS page. All you have to do now is wait for 8 seconds to be redirected to Google.
- You now have access to a browser right on your Switch. Once you are done using the browser, all you have to do is go back and set your network DNS from Manual back to Automatic.